- Regular auditing of individual outputs in line with KPI.
- Consistent supervision, coaching and professional interaction between staff.
- Maintaining a high degree of professionalism and ethics.
- Provide the best technical and legal advice to MAC.
- Establish a team approach in addressing project related issues.
- Establish and maintain good working relation with line state agencies.
- Conduct reviews of existing policy, Acts and agreements.
- Conduct audits of exploration and mining projects and establish mechanisms to ensure compliance.
- Maintain an effective and functioning tenements database.
- Ensure collection of license fees and charges;
- Review existing rates with a view to increasing the rates according to the market and value of services.
- Establish compliance section, follow up and prosecute defaulters and if necessary amend Act regarding penalties and rates.
- Minimize excessive and unnecessary expenditure.
- Develop appropriate mechanisms to release confidential data with client consent
- Enforce compliance by exploration/mining companies on statutory reporting requirements.
- Identify areas requiring new policies and formulation of them in close consultation with Department of Mineral Policy and Geo-hazards Management (DMPGM).
- Contribute to the development of policies relating to offshore mining, sustainable development, small scale mining, and mine closure
- Provide technical advice to DMPGM in the formulation of policies.
- Establish a wide consultation network with relevant stakeholders to seek their contribution on the various policies.
- Maintain and strengthen existing cooperation with State Team members.
- Create avenues to interact with line agencies through both formal and informal occasions.
For Additional Information Contact:
The Executive Manager
Regulatory Operations Division
Mineral Resources Authority
PO Box 1906
Port Moresby 121, NCD
Papua New Guinea
Tel: +(675) 321 3511
Fax: +(675) 321 5711