Team Leader - Geological Mapping
This position is responsible to the Manager Geological Mapping for the provision of the best practice geo-scientific advice and technical services for enlarging the database concerning PNG’s earth resources.
||Experience & Qualifications:
- Supervise and train junior staff and provide geo-scientific and personal leadership by example to ensure work is carried out and accomplished in a timely and professional manner.
- Plan and lead field teams to undertake geological field mapping for up to four (4) weeks.
- Compile maps and reports summarising the results of field studies and follow up laboratory studies. Review reports and maps compiled by junior staff.
- Accountability for all funds allocated to individual project mapping activities within the Geological Mapping Branch.
- Identify training needs for junior staff and provide on the job training in carrying out the above duties.
- Plan and undertake strategic mineral district studies.
- Bachelor of Science Degree; majoring in Geology, preferably honours degree.
- Authorship of geological reports and publications and implementation of geosciences studies must be demonstrated.
- Strong knowledge in PNG geology and tectonics, regional geological mapping and mineral occurrence/deposit research.
- At least ten (10) years of technical / operational experience in geological mapping with at least two (2) years in middle to senior management experience.