This position is responsible for implementing planned and agreed geological mapping activities to improve existing geological maps which will contribute towards enlarging the database concerning PNG’s earth resources.
||Experience & Qualifications:
- Compile maps and reports summarizing the results of the field observations and laboratory analysis results.
- Undertake field visit in the targeted areas to collate data for the purpose of observation and sampling.
- Provide report on field observation to capture necessary information.
- Ensure all relevant data is consistently and accurately entered into the geological database.
- Conduct on the job training for field assistants to up skill them so that they are able to fully assist geologists.
- Ensure samples of data are prepared and ready for laboratory analysis.
- Bachelor of Science Degree; majoring in Geology, preferably honours degree.
- Knowledge of the Geographical Information System (GIS); such as ArcGIS and MapInfo softwares.
- Knowledge and understanding of PNG geology, tectonics, mineral occurrences and mineral deposits.
- Knowledge of field surveying techniques for different exploration methods.
- Knowledge and skills in technical report writing and geological research skills.
- Interpretation of remote sensing imagery.
- At least five (5) years’ of relevant experience and three (3) years’ of technical / operational experience in geological mapping and data interpretation.