This position is responsible for providing hydrogeological assistance to improve understanding of geology and groundwater resources and better manage the resources in Papua New Guinea.
||Experience & Qualifications:
- Implement agreed operational activities for Hydrogeology section (HS) and ensure the objectives defined in HS’s annual work plan are achieved.
- Compile field data and provide technical reports and maps summarising the results of field studies.
- Check accuracy and consistency of data and enter data into the database in a timely manner.
- Prepare logistics for field trips and ensure appropriate field and office equipment are packed and available for use in the field.
- Ensure the veracity of field observations by making sure that quality field samples are collated and observations are carefully recorded.
- Bachelor of Science Degree; majoring in Geology / Geophysics or related subject with a strong mathematics and physics bias.
- Some knowledge on the operations of hydrogeological / geophysical investigations for groundwater.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ technical / operational experience.