This position is responsible for the provision of technical, economic, social advice and technical support services to stakeholders ensuring sustainable development of mineral resources in Papua New Guinea are facilitated in accordance with specific guidelines and regulations under the PNG Mining Act.
||Experience & Qualifications:
- Assist manage state entity; community and exploration licence holder build responsible work relationships, in maintaining harmonious environment of operations.
- Provide a mediation role between Exploration licence holders, landowners and other stakeholders in managing issues affecting mining operations.
- Prepare project briefs and information papers to assist the management address issues between relevant stakeholders.
- Prepare and assist stakeholders in re-sourcing ant relevant project related data to service their requirements.
- Provide awareness programs to establish stakeholders in identifying roles and responsibilities.
- Ensure all exploration licence holders meet regulatory requirements in order to facilitate development activities.
- Provide verification to landowner data and information is appropriate, accurate and genuine.
- Bachelor of Economics Degree
- Sound knowledge in basic Geology and Engineering
- Good knowledge of the Mining, Safety, Environment and Lands Act
- Demonstrated high level of written and verbal communication, presentation skills including reports and submission writing, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Five to ten (5-10) years in the Mining Industry with some exposure in community / lands mediation.