This position is responsible for providing geotechnical assistance to improve designing, modelling, mapping and understanding of geotechnical conditions for infrastructure development to ensure land stability and public safety in Papua New Guinea.
||Experience & Qualifications:
- Execute site investigations and other related assessments including site operations in order to assess the operational effectiveness and public safety in PNG.
- Implement field programs and provide technical assistance in the development of infrastructure, facilities, systems and equipment and when required.
- Prepare program schedules, technical and operational reports and cost estimates of projects to ensure a cost effective approach.
- Examine maps and technical drawings in order to identify potential technical problems with construction and infrastructure development, and ensure project designs conform to national or international standards and codes.
- Implement computer applications in geotechnical investigations to improve designing, modelling, mapping and understanding of geotechnical conditions.
- Collate geotechnical data and update database regularly to improve date archival and faster access.
- Assess and identify problems in land reclamation and development, and provide solutions to the problems identified.
- Bachelor of Science Degree; majoring in Geology / Geotechnical Engineering / Engineering Geology / Geological Engineering or equivalent from a recognized university.
- Knowledge of practical applications of engineering science and technology.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in Geotechnical Engineering or Engineering Geology.